We’re ambitiously creating an exciting future built on an enviable and outstanding past. We love what we do, and every single member of our team translates that passion into outstanding floral designs and memorable customer service. We work hard, we care about the detail, we go the extra mile. We are McQueens Flowers, and if you’re talented and share our passion, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Senior Florist (Full Time)
Reports to: Line Manager
Location: Bethnal Green, London
The job-holder will be a valued member of the McQueens talent team, with responsibility for helping to produce exceptional floral designs and installations. A senior member in a team of Florists and Assistant Florists, the applicant needs to demonstrate a high level of creativity and technical competence as well as well-developed communication, teamwork, and organisational skills.
Our customers include some of the world’s most luxurious and demanding hotels, restaurants and event venues, and organisers – all of whom expect a flawless execution of the services we have committed to providing to them. Senior Florists play a vital role in making this happen and need to be committed to going the extra mile when necessary – settling for nothing less than perfection and exceptional quality.
The role calls for a combination of passion, creativity, flexibility, team-working, interpersonal skills, organisation and planning, attention to detail, and staying calm under pressure. Early morning starts are common and overnight shifts are sometimes necessary.
- Supporting Line Manager
- Working within a team
- Preparation of mood boards and quotations
- Planning designs and installations
- Ordering of flowers and sundries within budget
- Preparation of vases, materials, and equipment
- Conditioning and preparation of flowers
- Loading and unloading of vans
- Competently and safely driving vans throughout London - if applicable.
- Installing floral displays
- Tidying up and removal of waste after installation
- Breaking down and clearing previous installation
- Maintaining arrangements between installations
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures at all times
- A clear passion for floristry
- Creative flair and a forward-thinking attitude
- The ability to work within set budgets
- Strong organisational skills
- A team player
- Strong knowledge of flower varieties and floristry techniques
- Strong knowledge of the flower industry
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure
- Experience in contract and retail floristry
- Good oral and written communicator in English
- Excellent people skills
- Computer literate
- Full UK driving license preferred
- Strong understanding customer needs, delighting them and going the extra mile
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. It is expected that the job-holder will be flexible in developing their role by mutual agreement and that they may be required to carry out other duties commensurate with their grading and expertise.
Job Title: Junior Photographer
Reports to: Content Manager
Location: Bethnal Green, London
The McQueens Flowers Marketing team are recruiting for a highly creative, organised and efficient Junior Photographer to compose, capture and edit beautiful professional photography and video for our website, socials media, and marketing.
A natural people person, the successful applicant will liaise with several departments - working closely with the McQueens Flower School, photographing floral courses, workshops, and students, as well across the board to capture events, floral installations and notable activity happening across the wider company, throughout London and occasionally beyond.
Shooting at multiple locations throughout the week and early starts are expected. Flexibility, excellent time management and a can-do attitude is key for this fast-paced and varied role!
A professional portfolio is required. University, higher education college courses, or apprenticeships, are valuable.
Applicants should have at least two years of experience working with a variety of equipment including digital cameras, lighting and microphone setups.
Excellent communication and people skills
Detail-oriented and organised
The ability to work according to various schedules, timelines and deadlines
Expert in digital and video cameras
Skilled at composition, colour and light
Proficient use of photo and video editing software
Knowledge of flowers is a plus
Liaising with multiple departments
Understanding individual needs and briefs
Creating and reporting a weekly working schedule
Managing time efficiently
Traveling to multiple locations throughout the city
Setting up photographic equipment
Capturing photos and video
Editing and retouching images and video
Occasionally setting up and shooting still life scenes
Managing and distributing content accordingly
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. It is expected that the job-holder will be flexible in developing their role by mutual agreement and that they may be required to carry out other duties commensurate with their grading and expertise
Applications close on September 6th