We’re ambitiously creating an exciting future built on an enviable and outstanding past. We love what we do, and every single member of our team translates that passion into outstanding floral designs and memorable customer service. We work hard, we care about the detail, we go the extra mile. We are McQueens Flowers, and if you’re talented and share our passion, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV to email@example.com
Senior Contracts Florist
Job Title: Senior Contracts Florist
Reports to: Lead Creative
Location: Bethnal Green, London
The job-holder will be a valued member of the McQueens talent team, with responsibility for helping to produce exceptional floral designs and installations for our customers. Generally being a senior member in a team of Florists and Assistant Florists, Senior Florists need to demonstrate a high level of creativity and technical competence as well as well-developed communication, teamwork, and organisational skills.
Our customers include some of the world’s most luxurious and demanding hotels, restaurants and event venues, and organisers – all of whom expect a flawless execution of the services we have committed to providing to them. Senior Florists play a vital role in making this happen and need to be committed to going the extra mile when necessary – settling for nothing less than perfection and exceptional quality.
The role calls for a combination of passion, creativity, flexibility, team-working, interpersonal skills, organisation and planning, attention to detail, and staying calm under pressure. Most of the work we do is carried out when guests are asleep or venues are closed, so early morning starts are common and overnight shifts are sometimes necessary.
- Leading a team of florists
- Preparation of mood boards and quotations
- Planning designs and installations
- Ordering of flowers and other items within budget for each order
- Preparation of vases, materials, and equipment in the workroom
- Conditioning and preparation of flowers in the workroom
- Styling displays and installation of agreed floral designs on and offsite
- Loading and unloading of vans
- Driving to and from customers’ premises
- Tidying up and removal of waste after installation
- Break down and clearance of previous installation
- Planned and unplanned maintenance of arrangements between installations
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures at all times
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. It is expected that the job-holder will be flexible in developing their role by mutual agreement and that they may be required to carry out other duties commensurate with their grading and expertise
- Experience in designing and installing confident, imaginative, and forward-thinking floral designs
- Creativity and passion
- A proven ability to prepare and manage budgets
- The ability to plan ahead and be organised
- A team player
- Advanced knowledge of flower varieties and floristry techniques
- Experience in running a maintenance routine between weekly installations
- Strong understanding of customer needs, delighting them and going the extra mile
- Excellent knowledge of the flower industry
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the flower industry
- A commitment to continuing their professional development
- Good oral and written communicator in English
- Computer literate
- Full UK driving license preferred
Sales Executive with Floristry Experience
Job Title: Sales Executive with Floristry experience
Reports to: Customer Service and Workroom Manager
Location: Bethnal Green, London
The job-holder will be a member of the McQueens customer team, with responsibility for giving great service to our customers by appropriately resolving incoming inquiries by phone and email, providing helpful and comprehensive product and service information, resolving product and service problems, carefully taking and processing customer orders, and contributing to the growth of our company.
You’ll also be responsible for aspects of business administration and operational support by taking care of daily and monthly sales reports, helping with month-end sales invoicing reconciliation, liaising with our delivery drivers and florists throughout the day to keep everything on track, and booking couriers when required. When busy we may also need you to turn to your floristry experience to support the floristry team with the making of daily orders.
With a relentless focus on understanding our customers’ needs and collaborating with relevant colleagues, you’ll combine a passion for solving problems, commercial common sense, attention to detail, and good communication skills to solve problems and mobilise colleagues when required to help us deliver outstanding customer service, protect and grow customer revenue, and continue to elevate our brand reputation.
The role calls for a combination of proactive and reactive customer interaction. As a frontline contact for our customers, this ambassador role requires you to act the part at all times – retaining composure and professionalism, and an ability to be diplomatic at times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing customer inquiries
- Responsible for understanding customer needs and finding the best solutions for them
- Responsible for helping colleagues from time to time
- Contribute to the ongoing administration of the business
- Responsible for helping us to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction
- Responsible for knowing our product range and for quoting prices to customers while they are on the phone
- Responsible for accurately taking and processing customer orders
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete customer records
- Comply with all company policies and procedures at all times
- Maintain the confidentiality of all types of information relating to employees, customers, etc.
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. It is expected that the job-holder will be flexible in developing their role by mutual agreement and that they may be required to carry out other duties commensurate with their grading and expertise.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Confident user of email, Word, and basic Excel
- Numeric confident with basic arithmetic
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- 2-3 years within a sales-facing role within the floristry environment
- Commercially sensible
- A working knowledge of the floral design sector would be an advantage
Job Title: Revenue Accountant
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Bethnal Green, London
Hours: Full time or part-time hours offered
McQueens Flowers been telling stories with flowers since 1991 - building a reputation around the world for creating beautiful and memorable floral designs perfectly matched to every occasion and setting.
What started out in London’s East End as a home of simple, stylish London flowers - beautifully presented, has grown to become one of the world’s most respected and admired luxury floral design companies – setting the standard for floral quality, style, and elegance.
The McQueens International Flower School opened in 1998, drawing on our unique perspective as a successful practitioner across all facets of professional floristry, to become a leading global educator of those who wish to enter professional floristry and further develop their career.
With creative studios, workshops and flower schools in London, New York and Seoul and with Beverly Hills, Doha and Dubai opening in 2021, McQueens Flowers is a truly international affair, with customers in more than 25 countries.
Our talented team demonstrates mastery of our craft in some of the world’s finest hotels and restaurants including Claridge’s Hotel in London and The Peninsula Hotel in New York, and at world- famous events such as Vanity Fair’s Oscars After Party, the All England Lawn Tennis Club’s Wimbledon Champion’s Ball and the London Evening Standard Theatre Awards – along with hundreds of other stunning venues and events across the world.
The McQueens Flowers Group acquired quintessentially English florist, Hayford & Rhodes in 2020 – a 98-year-old London business that’s best known for marrying brides like princesses in real castles such as Buckingham Palace and The Tower of London!
In 2019, we became the only florist in the world to be awarded a Butterfly Mark from Positive Luxury and will begin the journey to become B-Corp Accredited in 2021.
The job-holder will be a key member of the McQueens Flowers Finance team, with responsibility for managing all aspects of accounts receivable, sales ledger, credit control and income.
- Attending monthly revenue meetings to cover all aspects of billings and deferred revenue.
- Working with the sales team on a daily basis.
- Responsible for reducing and maintaining unpaid debt levels.
- Handling and resolving queries to ensure matters are billed promptly.
- Review daily bank statements and ensure funds are allocated to revenue stream.
- Develop procedures and policies that will enhance the accuracy of revenue recognition.
The role has a direct and positive impact on the commercial success and growth of the group and requires an ambitious and driven individual to support the wider team to grow the business.
This role requires good judgment, independent initiative, a high degree of organisation, attention to detail, and ability to manage time and workload effectively, commercial acumen, and excellent interpersonal skills.