We’re ambitiously creating an exciting future built on an enviable and outstanding past. We love what we do, and every single member of our team translates that passion into outstanding floral designs and memorable customer service.
We work hard, we care about the detail, we go the extra mile. We are McQueens Flowers, and if you’re talented and share our passion, we’d love to hear from you.
Job Title: Senior Florist
Reports to: Head of Operations
Location: Bethnal Green, London
The job-holder will be a valued member of the McQueens talent team, with responsibility for helping to produce exceptional floral designs and installations for our customers. Generally working as part of a team led by a Lead Creative, Senior Florists need to demonstrate a high level of creativity and technical competence as well as well-developed communication, teamwork and organisational skills.
Our customers include some of the world’s most luxurious and demanding hotels, restaurants and event venues and organisers – all of whom expect a flawless execution of the services we have committed to provide to them. Senior Florists play a vital role in making this happen, and need to be committed to going the extra mile when necessary – settling for nothing less than perfection and quality.
The role calls for a combination of passion, creativity, flexibility, team-working, interpersonal skills, organisation and planning, attention to detail, and staying calm under pressure. Most of the work we do is carried out when guests are asleep or venues are closed, so early morning starts are common and night shifts sometimes necessary.
Working as part of a team of florists led by a Lead Creative
Preparation of mood boards and quotations
Planning designs and installations
Ordering of flowers and other items within budget for each order
Preparation of vases, materials and equipment in the workroom
Conditioning and preparation of flowers in the workroom
Styling displays and installation of agreed floral designs on and offsite
Loading and unloading of vans
Driving to and from customers’ premises
Tidying up and removal of waste after installation
Break down and clearance of previous installation
Planned and unplanned maintenance of arrangements between installations
Comply with all company policies and procedures at all times
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. It is expected that the job-holder will be flexible in developing their role by mutual agreement, and that they may be required to carry out other duties commensurate with their grading and expertise
- Experience in designing and installing confident, imaginative and forward-thinking floral designs
- Creativity and passion
- A proven ability to prepare and manage budgets
- An ability to plan ahead and be organised
- A team player
- Advanced knowledge of flower varieties and floristry techniques
- Experience in running a maintenance routine between weekly installations
- A strong understanding of customer needs, delighting them and going the extra mile
- Excellent knowledge of the flower industry
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the flower industry
- A commitment to continuing their professional development
- Good oral and written communicator in English
- Computer literate
- Full UK driving licence preferred