We’re ambitiously creating an exciting future built on an enviable and outstanding past. We love what we do, and every single member of our team translates that passion into outstanding floral designs and memorable customer service. We work hard, we care about the detail, we go the extra mile. We are McQueens Flowers, and if you’re talented and share our passion, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV to email@example.com
Part-Time Retail Florist
Job Title: Part-Time Retail Florist
Reports to: Shop Manager
The job-holder will be a valued member of the McQueens talent team, with responsibility for helping to produce exceptional floral designs for our retail customers and local-based clientele.
Generally working as part of a team led by a Shop Manager, Part-Time Retail Florists need to demonstrate creativity and technical competence as well as well-developed customer service, communication, teamwork, and organisational skills.
Our clientele include some of the world’s most luxurious and demanding hotels, restaurants and event venues, and organisers – all of whom expect a flawless execution of the services we have committed to provide to them.
Our central London Retail Florists play an important role in making this happen and need to be committed to going the extra mile when necessary – settling for nothing less than perfection and quality.
The role calls for a combination of passion, creativity, flexibility, team-working, interpersonal skills, organisation and planning, attention to detail, and staying calm under pressure.
- Working as part of a team of retail florists led by a Shop Manager
- Conditioning and preparation of flowers
- Attractively displaying and maintaining floral display
- Swiftly creating floral designs for walk-in customers
- Taking floral orders over the phone and in-person
- Liaising with suppliers from time to time
- Comply with all company policies and procedures at all times
- A team player
- Creativity and passion
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Commitment to understanding customer needs and going the extra mile
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Well-developed knowledge of flower varieties and floristry techniques
- Good knowledge of the floral industry as a whole
- The ability to accurately calculate and cost designs on the go
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in the flower industry
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure
- Good oral and written communicator in English
- Full UK driving license preferred
- Computer literate
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. It is expected that the job-holder will be flexible in developing their role by mutual agreement and that they may be required to carry out other duties commensurate with their grading and expertise.
Job Title: Revenue Accountant
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Bethnal Green, London
Hours: Full time or part-time hours offered
McQueens Flowers been telling stories with flowers since 1991 - building a reputation around the world for creating beautiful and memorable floral designs perfectly matched to every occasion and setting.
What started out in London’s East End as a home of simple, stylish London flowers - beautifully presented, has grown to become one of the world’s most respected and admired luxury floral design companies – setting the standard for floral quality, style, and elegance.
The McQueens International Flower School opened in 1998, drawing on our unique perspective as a successful practitioner across all facets of professional floristry, to become a leading global educator of those who wish to enter professional floristry and further develop their career.
With creative studios, workshops and flower schools in London, New York and Seoul and with Beverly Hills, Doha and Dubai opening in 2021, McQueens Flowers is a truly international affair, with customers in more than 25 countries.
Our talented team demonstrates mastery of our craft in some of the world’s finest hotels and restaurants including Claridge’s Hotel in London and The Peninsula Hotel in New York, and at world- famous events such as Vanity Fair’s Oscars After Party, the All England Lawn Tennis Club’s Wimbledon Champion’s Ball and the London Evening Standard Theatre Awards – along with hundreds of other stunning venues and events across the world.
The McQueens Flowers Group acquired quintessentially English florist, Hayford & Rhodes in 2020 – a 98-year-old London business that’s best known for marrying brides like princesses in real castles such as Buckingham Palace and The Tower of London!
In 2019, we became the only florist in the world to be awarded a Butterfly Mark from Positive Luxury and will begin the journey to become B-Corp Accredited in 2021.
The job-holder will be a key member of the McQueens Flowers Finance team, with responsibility for managing all aspects of accounts receivable, sales ledger, credit control and income.
- Attending monthly revenue meetings to cover all aspects of billings and deferred revenue.
- Working with the sales team on a daily basis.
- Responsible for reducing and maintaining unpaid debt levels.
- Handling and resolving queries to ensure matters are billed promptly.
- Review daily bank statements and ensure funds are allocated to revenue stream.
- Develop procedures and policies that will enhance the accuracy of revenue recognition.
The role has a direct and positive impact on the commercial success and growth of the group and requires an ambitious and driven individual to support the wider team to grow the business.
This role requires good judgment, independent initiative, a high degree of organisation, attention to detail, and ability to manage time and workload effectively, commercial acumen, and excellent interpersonal skills.