We’re ambitiously creating an exciting future built on an enviable and outstanding past. We love what we do, and every single member of our team translates that passion into outstanding floral designs and memorable customer service.
We work hard, we care about the detail, we go the extra mile. We are McQueens Flowers, and if you’re talented and share our passion, we’d love to hear from you.
New Business Sales Executive
Job Title: New Business Sales Executive
Department: Customer Needs
Reports to: Business & Partnership Manager
Location: Bethnal Green, London
Established in London in 1991, McQueens is the largest luxury flower business in the UK. With headquarters in London and operations in New York and Korea, McQueens is ambitiously international, with plans to expand into other countries in Asia, The Americas and Europe.
McQueens provides a broad range of services comprising weekly flowers for hotels, restaurants and businesses; events at any scale; retail and online shops; and, floristry experiences for some of the most discerning clients and partners around the world.
As well as providing an outstanding floral service, the McQueens Flower School has become one of the most respected and attended flower schools in the world – attracting students from all over the world.
Over almost 30 years, McQueens has established a reputation of being one of the world’s most visionary and creative design brands – followed by more than 190,000 on Instagram!
The job-holder will be responsible for driving direct and indirect B2B sales across one or more of the company’s sales channels. Supporting and reporting into the Business and Partnership Manager, your primary responsibility is to identify and secure commercially attractive recurring revenues through long-term relationships with relevant partners, customers and introducers by building a pipeline of opportunities from scratch and converting them into profitable customers. Once each account is established, you will continue to manage and develop them from a strategic perspective, but day to day responsibility for individual projects and jobs will be taken by the nominated customer project specialist or customer relationship manager.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate drive and initiative, a relentless focus on results, an ability to prioritise workload and tasks, commercial acumen, discipline, superb written and oral communication skills, and organisational skills.
- Building a strong understanding of the business in order to identify new opportunities to grow revenues and margins
- Achieve or exceed sales targets
- Organising weekly calls / face to face meetings with prospective and existing clients
- Developing a deep understanding of the market and competitors’ offering
- Developing existing client database to facilitate lead generation
- Accurate and timely tracking and reporting of sales activity and results
- Comply with all company policies and procedures at all times
- This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. It is expected that the job-holder will be flexible in developing their role by mutual agreement, and that they may be required to carry out other duties commensurate with their grading and expertise
- Driven and self-motivated
- Results oriented
- 1-2 years’ experience in sales or client facing role, ideally for a premium or luxury brand
- A commitment to understanding customer needs, delighting them and going the extra mile
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure and without intervention
- Outstanding oral and written communicator in English – an articulate and confident presenter
- Computer literate
Job Title: Senior Florist
Reports to: Head of Operations
Location: Bethnal Green, London
The job-holder will be a valued member of the McQueens talent team, with responsibility for helping to produce exceptional floral designs and installations for our customers. Generally working as part of a team led by a Lead Creative, Senior Florists need to demonstrate a high level of creativity and technical competence as well as well-developed communication, teamwork and organisational skills.
Our customers include some of the world’s most luxurious and demanding hotels, restaurants and event venues and organisers – all of whom expect a flawless execution of the services we have committed to provide to them. Senior Florists play a vital role in making this happen, and need to be committed to going the extra mile when necessary – settling for nothing less than perfection and quality.
The role calls for a combination of passion, creativity, flexibility, team-working, interpersonal skills, organisation and planning, attention to detail, and staying calm under pressure. Most of the work we do is carried out when guests are asleep or venues are closed, so early morning starts are common and night shifts sometimes necessary.
Working as part of a team of florists led by a Lead Creative
Preparation of mood boards and quotations
Planning designs and installations
Ordering of flowers and other items within budget for each order
Preparation of vases, materials and equipment in the workroom
Conditioning and preparation of flowers in the workroom
Styling displays and installation of agreed floral designs on and offsite
Loading and unloading of vans
Driving to and from customers’ premises
Tidying up and removal of waste after installation
Break down and clearance of previous installation
Planned and unplanned maintenance of arrangements between installations
Comply with all company policies and procedures at all times
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. It is expected that the job-holder will be flexible in developing their role by mutual agreement, and that they may be required to carry out other duties commensurate with their grading and expertise
- Experience in designing and installing confident, imaginative and forward-thinking floral designs
- Creativity and passion
- A proven ability to prepare and manage budgets
- An ability to plan ahead and be organised
- A team player
- Advanced knowledge of flower varieties and floristry techniques
- Experience in running a maintenance routine between weekly installations
- A strong understanding of customer needs, delighting them and going the extra mile
- Excellent knowledge of the flower industry
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the flower industry
- A commitment to continuing their professional development
- Good oral and written communicator in English
- Computer literate
- Full UK driving licence preferred